The all time classic chicken stock that is used in every dish
The all time classic chicken stock that is used in every dish. Its taste is the exact opposite of the the commercial stock cubes. It will take approximately 3 to 3 and a half hours to make a litre of the finest chicken stock.
- 1 kg chicken bones, wings and trimmings
- 80 gr carrots
- 40 gr onions
- 40 gr leeks
- 20 gr celery
- 1 leaf laurel
- 10 – 15 stems parsley
- 1 – 2 buds clove
- 1.5 lt water
- Place the chicken bone and trimmings in a large stockpot and add the water (which should be at room temperature). Boil on high and as soon as it starts boiling, lower the temperature and gently simmer.
- Skim all impurities and simmer for at least one hour.
- Add the vegetables and the aromatics and keep simmering. If needed, skim any impurities and remove any fat that comes on the stock surface. Continue simmering for 2 to 2½ hours.
- Carefully remove all bones and vegetables ans pass the stock through a sieve. Your homemade chicken stock is now ready to use or store (after it cools down) in the fridge for up to 2 days.